Avid journal writer, artist, author, publisher, and founder of the groundbreaking Journal a Month Club, Rena loves all things creative.
Decades of navigating the myriad ups, downs, joys, pains, challenges and rewards of living the creative life have led her to conclude that “self-expression is not for sissies!”
Known for her contagious enthusiasm and irreverent sense of humor, Rena is passionate about helping people be more self-expressed and enjoy greater freedom, happiness, and well-being. She’s also passionate about naps, chardonnay, and the color periwinkle.
- Won the Maury Brennan Ford pumpkin carving contest in 6th grade
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in Business and a minor degree in English
- Was invited to be a professional ballroom dance instructor
- Trained in Taekwondo, Aikido, boxing, kickboxing, knives, and all manner of firearms
- Trained in classic portraiture with some of the most renowned artists of our time
- Obsessed with mosaics to the point she now dreams about grout lines and tile
- Dedicated “colorist” (fancy term for person who colors in adult coloring books)
- Is “owned” by Robbie the Black-Headed Caique, a feisty 5-ounce branch-hopping parrot
- Married her best friend, Jeff Tucker, on New Year’s Eve 1996
- Plays the Celtic lap harp, but sadly, not very well
Connect With Rena
Click any of the social links that appear, well, all over this website (LOL) or click here to send Rena a message. Also, feel free to email her at rena [at] journalsrock [dot] com. Note: You’ll need to replace the words in brackets with the actual symbols. We have to spell them out in order to avoid a tsunami of spam from evil bots that incessantly crawl the web.